dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I had two husbands the one I am collecting on is Herman

Customer Question

I had two husbands the one I am collecting on is Herman xxxxxxxx: My name is ***** ***** My husband of 15 years was Douglas xxxxxxxxxx; Social security #xxxxxxxxxx. Would I collect more from Douglas xxxxxxxxx?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alice. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Only social security administration can access yours and you husbands records to determine what kind of benefits you would be eligible for. You have to call SSA or better make an appointment at you local social security office to discuss your options. You will have to bring marriage certificates and other documents proving your relationships to Herman and Douglas as well as your birth certificate/drivers license to confirm your citizenship and age to your appointment.