Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I applied security a year ago, part A. Last month I filled

Customer Question

I applied for social security a year ago, part A. Last month I filled out a part B form and mailed it to my local social security office. How long Will it be before I receive my new card, etc, so that I can apply for my supplimental and part D
Thank you
Myra Dee Maggied
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi Myra, can you clarify? Applications for Social Security do not include Part A, nor B. I presume you are saying that you applied for Part A (Hospitalization) and now you want Part B, the part that is not free, right?

Did you mail it certified r.r.r.? Or only regular mail. I.e. do you have proof you mailed it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have part a and applied for part b , the part that is not freeusing regular mail. I followed the instructions which did not include using certified mail. Should I reapply and send it certified?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The instructions don't require you use certified mail - but if your mail didn't get there, your case will never be processed. If that happens, and you want to argue the point and say but hey, I sent it and you lost it, you have no proof, and so no coverage could go retro to when you wanted it because you could never prove it. So it certified required to process your application? No. But if they don't receive an application, logic and practicalities say you lose. If I were you, I'd probably go in person IF I want it to apply as soon as possible. If you can't travel, then yes, certified mail rrr or UPS.

OK, I was able to eek this out before the next appointment after the first was cancelled. I have attached a word document, only because typing here as I jump back and forth between sources leaves a big risk for what I type to be deleted in a glitch, so I did it in word and saved and now attached. But if you can't open it, I can likely cut and paste its substance here, so let me know!

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Oops, sorry Myra, a research post for a different visitor seems to have posted here - just ignore!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional