TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I have a new address can iwrite a letter and tell you my new

Customer Question

i have a new address can iwrite a letter and tell you my new address
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you are asking about changing your address with the IRS, to change your address with the IRS, you may complete a Form 8822 (PDF), Change of Address.

If not the IRS please advise so I can tell you the procedure.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

If you get Social Security benefits or are enrolled in Medicare, you can change your address online by using your my Social Security account. If you get Supplemental Security Income or you do not have a U.S. mailing address, you can:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iasked you about change of address for social security not the irs
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Then it is good that I added the SSA information too.

As you can see you cannot just write and change your address.

The easiest way is to use the my Social Security account on line.

It is simple to set up.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Did you see that I added SSA above your last post while I was waiting for your reply?

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

If you did not then here is a copy

• Call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
  • Contact your local Social Security office.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount/

The above link will take you to the address change page to make it easier for you

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer
My question can I just write a letter to change my address to social se urity
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

No, you cannot just write a letter.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

The SSA has the procedures in place I listed above unfortunately so anyone wanting to change their address must follow those.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

With the way our site works you may not have seen my posts prior to your posting. I advised about the SSA change of address and also posted that you cannot simply write a letter and ask for them to change your address.

If you scroll up and down you should be able to view each post I supplied. If you cannot see them let me know but here is a copy of the information I posted earlier to you so you can have it all in one post.

13 Nov 2015, 9:35 AM

Customer

13 Nov 2015, 9:41 AM

Me

It is simple to set up. 13 Nov 2015, 9:42 AM

Me

Did you see that I added SSA above your last post while I was waiting for your reply? 13 Nov 2015, 9:43 AM

Me

If you did not then here is a copy:

13 Nov 2015, 9:44 AM

Me

The above link will take you to the address change page to make it easier for you 13 Nov 2015, 9:44 AM

Me

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable. 13 Nov 2015, 9:46 AM

Customer

You did not answer My question can I just write a letter to change my address to social se urity 13 Nov 2015, 9:49 AM

Me

No, you cannot just write a letter. 13 Nov 2015, 9:50 AM

Me