Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

It I let my wife draw my social security will it keep me

Customer Question

it I let my wife draw my social security will it keep me from getting full benefit if I retire at 70? my wife is 67 and so am I. my benefits are higher than hers. I just want to make sure I get my full benefit when I retire. Also what do I ask for when getting the application to do so? I am sure I will work till a least 70.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. You can "file and suspend" and then allow your benefit to continue to grow. To do this call or go to social security and tell them you want to "file and suspend"

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.