LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I report the death of my wife to you?

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As a rule the funeral director in charge of the remains will notify social security as a courtesy to the family. Alternatively, you can notify social security yourself by calling the administration's toll-free number,(###) ###-#### ***** 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug