LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do a person change the method getting issued benefit

Customer Question

how do a person change the method getting issued benefit payment from direct bank
deposite to gov. issued Visa card?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

All you need to do is go to your bank and ask them to establish a prepaid Visa or Master Card for you. Once you have that, call social security at(###) ###-####and ask them to change your direct deposit to your card instead of your bank account.

Alternatively, you can apply for a Direct Express® card account via this site and use the government issued card: http://fms.treas.gov/godirect/media/about-the-direct-express-card/directexpress/

Here is information on the Direct Express Card: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10073.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug