dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I had an appeal of my Social Security benefits and I was

Customer Question

HI,
I had an appeal for reconsideration of my Social Security benefits and I was told my case was being reviewed and I would be hearing form someone but that never happened. Who can I talk to and what is the best number to call? I feel I need help because I feel the benefits I am receiving are not in line with the money I have paid into the system - and am still paying into the system.
Thanks for any help you can give me, Deborah A Gerber ###-##-####
My telephone number is(###) ###-####
Email address is***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi Deborah, are you saying your SS case is sill pending at the Recon stage?

When did you file your Recon appeal?

If so, what benefits are you indicating you are receiving (that you feel or "not in line with the money [you] have paid into the system".

Also, you indicate you are still paying into the system - does that mean you are working and if so, how much are you grossing each month and how many hour/week?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a complicate case in that I lived and worked in Sweden for 27 years and I get benefits from there.
But I also worked here for over 24 years as well and still work part time as a substitute teacher so I still pay into the SS system.
I get $327 a month from my SS benefits. That just seems like too little. Also since I reported the Swedish benefits the dollar exchange rate has changed so drastically that the amount I now get is $266 LESS PER MONTH. Than what it was when I first registered the amount with SS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked SS to re-evaluate the amount and the local agent said I should get $15 per month more!!! I can't believe that this is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave soon. Can you call me in the next few minutes?

I don't offer the attorney phone call at this price, although some of my non-attorney colleagues me, so we have it open for them to do so. I provide a heavily discounted attorney phone consultation, however, and will provide you with an opportunity for that, should you choose an attorney consult.

That said, it does appear, since you didn't indicate otherwise? That your case is still in the LONG WINDED reconsideration process.

Let me ask you, your 24 years of SS tax paying job, was that full time work and if so, what was your income for those years, generally?