LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How hard is it to cancel social security benefits once you

Customer Question

How hard is it to cancel social security benefits once you have signed up to take retire last of December 2015 and draw social security in Feb 2016 due to a lg drop in my 401 k I was planning on using? To supplement my income.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can cancel your application for retirement benefits from social security by simply calling social security for a form, or by visiting a local office and asking that your application be cancelled. Alternatively, you may fill out the following form and just mail it in to social security: https://www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ssa-521.pdf

Your request for benefits will be withdrawn and you may again apply for your retirement benefit at any time in the future.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug