LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I changed my direct deposit bank. I did not receive my

Customer Question

I changed my direct deposit bank. I did not receive my payment. I had to cancel my former bank account as I am moving to another state . Thanks
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unfortunately it was a mistake to close your old account before you received your first payment into your new account. Social security can often take 6 to 8 weeks to redirect your benefit deposit. If your old account is closed, then your old bank will bounce the payment back to social security.

As you normally receive your check by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug