LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My medicare deduction went up $100 per month because of

Customer Question

my medicare deduction for part B went up $100 per month because of increased income in 2013. income dropped significantly in 2014 and 2015. Will my deduction automatically go down in 2016?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Increases in Medicare premiums based on higher income take effect not the year following the high income but the second year. And so high income in 2013 would result in a higher premium in 2015, and a lower income in 2014 would mean the premium would be lower 2 years later in 2016.

You can fully expect that your premium will drop for 2016 as well as 2017 at this rate.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug