socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  retired (mostly)
10097515

I worked in the US years and now that I'm 68 yrs old I

Customer Question

I worked in the US for 24 years and now that I'm 68 yrs old I received my pension which is measly $ 600.00. Why that low?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Based upon the limited information that you have provided, the only answer that immediately comes to mind is that the U.S. Social Security Administration may be withholding 25.5% of your pension benefit as subject to U.S. income tax. That would make your actual pension $805.37. Whether or not that is high or low, depends on your earnings during your residency and employment in the USA.

I will be happy to assist you in a phone consultation, if you are interested (customary legal services fees will apply). I will send you an additional services offer, and you can accept or decline at your convenience.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!