Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have been on disability social security disability 1 year.

Customer Question

I have been on disability social security disability for about 1 year. I received a heart transplant. Im probably no longer disabled. Can I stop payments and go back to work? Im 64
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you believe you are no longer disabled from working, you can go back to work. It is best to advise the SSA in writing, mailed certified r.r.r. (in addition to in person, if you wish). Because the SSA may be slow to stop your SSD benefits, be sure to NOT spend any you receive after you advise them of your status, because you will likely be hit with an overpayment and you can use that to pay it back.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional