How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16559
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam 63 and retired from the state of california.iam getting

Customer Question

hello iam 63 and retired from the state of california.iam getting 2800.00 per month in for i retired i check with social security office to see what i would be getting when i turned 62 i was told i would receive 1600.00 per i made decision to retire. when i turn in my paper work i was told that in the 'win fall program' and i only be receiving there any thing i can do? i put lots of money into the system.what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question

Because of your state pension, your social security benefit will be reduced. There's nothing you can do about this, unless you had more than 30 years of substantial earnings.

It stinks, I know --- but it's one of those things they wrote up during the Reagan era when they were reigning in government spending

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.