Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have been on SSI years and would like to try and get some

Customer Question

I have been on SSI for several years and would like to try and get some schooling in and see if I can get back to work in a different field is there money available for me to do this as a retraining
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is federal financial aid, often consisting of grants or loans, that you can apply for. You can learn about that process of applying for Financial Aid here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/

Neither Social Security, nor the SSI program, however, provide funding.

You may also be able to find vocational rehabilitation services through your county, so be sure to check there as well.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional