Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I need to know the last date I am eligible to sign up?

Customer Question

I need to know the last date I am eligible to sign up for disability?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You must have a certain number of work credits in order to file an SSD claim. The Social Security Administration determines the number of credits you have, which partially depends on how recently you've worked. The credits do expire--usually within five years of when you stop working.

My best advice would be to call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** to determine the number of work credits you have and when they will expire.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb