Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am 65 years old dob 7/18/1950. Can I receive benefits

Customer Question

I am 65 years old dob 7/18/1950. Can I receive benefits after 1/1/2016 without having to
worry about how much income or do I have to wait until 7/18/2016. bq
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

You must wait until your actual full retirement month, not just the year.

Also, if you wait til age 70 to collect (and perhaps just rely on working income until then), you can increase your benefit amount by 32%, in all likelihood. If you'd like to learn more about that, I will provide you with an additional services option.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional