Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am currently on SS retirement. my wife and 17 yr old

Customer Question

i am currently on SS retirement. my wife and 17 yr old disabled daughter are recieving benefits from my SS account. How long can they recieve these benefits?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon!

Your wife can receive them as long as she chooses, assuming she is receiving retirement benefits (spousal). Your daughter is receiving minor's dependent benefits. If she remains disabled, she can switch to DAC (Disabled Adult Child) benefits on your record, if other wise eligible (i.e. not married with possible exception, etc.) and and adult.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional