Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am 80 and have been receiving ss years. 5 years ago i

Customer Question

I am 80 and have been receiving ss for 15 years. 5 years ago i began working and earn approx 110k per year..I pay full social security every paycheck....Im asking this question ? is their any additional benefit that i can receive at this time,as i have paid my share over the last 40 years ago,and have been collecting on that...now im into 5 years of additional ss payment...what can i get addl to my ss benefits at this time....please call me any time (###) ###-#### or e mail***@******.*** thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you clarify?

So, you are now receiving the increased in your benefits due to your additional income for the past five years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my benefits have remained the same for 14 years except for the raises which all reeceive

Thank you for the information. Your additional contribution into the Social Security System for the last five years should have resulted in increase in the amount of your benefits in additional to the regular increases.

You need to go to your local office Social Security Administration and have a representative review your record to see why you are not receiving an increase based on your additional work especially when you have been making approx 110k per year.

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3739/What-happens-if-I-work-and-get-Social-Security-retirement-benefits