Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My mother passed away on June 27, 2015. She was a U.S.

Customer Question

My mother passed away on June 27, 2015. She was a U.S. Veterin.. Her Social Security is XXXXXXXXXXX. The funeral director put all her paperwork through with the wrong Social Security number. They have a death certificate with the wrong SS number and now all her final burial benefits are compromised and she has been waiting for almost 6 months for a corrected SS card and the office in Framingham refused aid and at 93 we are at a loss to correct this, and this applies to her Death Certificate also. In order to correct the Death Certificate and have her interrment we need a social security card or a letter from SS. We would genuinely appreciate any help you can afford us to finally lay our mother to rest. The town of Framingham, Ma. is insisting this be done before they will correct the Death Certificate. My name is***** and I reside at XXXXXXXX, Mass 01752, Home #XXXXXXX.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My father actually passed on June 18 so I know it can be a very hard time.

In all actuality, the funeral director should be footing the bill for any additional costs that are incurring. I would talk to him about how this can be corrected at his cost. It should be actually easier for him to do this than for you.

Again, I'm sorry you are in this situation. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.