How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away on June 27, 2015. She was a U.S.

Customer Question

My mother passed away on June 27, 2015. She was a U.S. Veterin.. Her Social Security is XXXXXXXXXXX. The funeral director put all her paperwork through with the wrong Social Security number. They have a death certificate with the wrong SS number and now all her final burial benefits are compromised and she has been waiting for almost 6 months for a corrected SS card and the office in Framingham refused aid and at 93 we are at a loss to correct this, and this applies to her Death Certificate also. In order to correct the Death Certificate and have her interrment we need a social security card or a letter from SS. We would genuinely appreciate any help you can afford us to finally lay our mother to rest. The town of Framingham, Ma. is insisting this be done before they will correct the Death Certificate. My name is***** and I reside at XXXXXXXX, Mass 01752, Home #XXXXXXX.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My father actually passed on June 18 so I know it can be a very hard time.

In all actuality, the funeral director should be footing the bill for any additional costs that are incurring. I would talk to him about how this can be corrected at his cost. It should be actually easier for him to do this than for you.

Again, I'm sorry you are in this situation. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.