Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I began receiving SSDI benefits at the age of 59. I am not

Customer Question

Good morning. I began receiving SSDI benefits at the age of 59. I am not able to work full-time but I am hoping to work a few hours each week. My earnings will not reach SGA level. Since I have a few years with no quarters covered (college), I am wondering if these additional earnings will increase my SSDI benefits or my SSA retirement benefits when I get flipped to retirement at 66 (FRA).
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

If it replaces any of your other included top 35 years, yes, it could incrementally increase your SSD which could increase your SSR, as a result. It may also be possible, if you find you can work enough to survive, even if PT, after FRA, to suspend your SSR from 66-70 to gain delayed retirement credits and increase your SSR by 32% (8% per year up to age 70.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional