annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I'm xxxxxxxxxxI am married to xxxxxxxx We have been trying

Customer Question

Hi, Stephanie, I'm xxxxxxxxxxI am married to xxxxxxxx We have been trying to set up a my social security account for her so we can down load her 2014 ssa-1099 for income tax submission. We get past her name etc. and then we get a dialog box saying access to her information has been suspended for 24 hours. What I need to know is there anyway I can contact a representative online in the administration office and find out what is the matter that they can not match the information we are furnishing them. Except for the phone number and the home address everything else comes right off her social security card. I really need this 1099 so my accountant can file my tax returns.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

Unfortunately, before you use the online "My Social Security Account" , if you have a new address, you must first notify SS of the new address. Please see below:

http://socialsecurityinfo.areavoices.com/2014/02/10/how-to-replace-your-ssa-1099-for-2013/

I'm sure you've already seen this page, but thought I would include it anyway, since it had the phone # ***** call:

htit-Statementtps://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3706/How-can-I-get-a-form-SSA-1099-1042S-Social-Security-Benefit

You may try the web site again and use your spouse's old address and see if they will release the 1099SSA. (You may have to call the number at the above website to get it "unlocked")

Depending on where you live, and the time zone, it may not be too late to call where you are.

If you have questions, please post them here & I'll be notified

If this information has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive (smiley faces or stars)

It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for using justanswer.