Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Need to change routing number and account deposit to another

Customer Question

Need to change routing number and account for direct deposit to another bank
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

No need to call. Generally, you can do this online if you have your information straight. Please go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount

There you can create a passworded account for yourself and when logged in, you can update your banking info for direct deposit, among other things. If not too late, do not CLOSE your original account unless and until you start receiving your direct deposit check into the new account. Otherwise, if you close it too soon, the time of the DD may be before the processing of the new DD information and the SSA will hold onto the check. While it will eventually release it, at times there can be a delay and you may be missing that check for quite some time until they reroute it manually.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional