dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My husband is 77 years old and was told yesterday that he

Customer Question

My husband is 77 years old and was told yesterday that he needed extensive teeth work $10,000.00 worth to be exact, is there a way to get financial help?
Juanita Yates
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi Juanita

...

As you may already know,Medicare doesn't not cover dental work. But if you have low income and few savings or other assets (not counting your house).

...

To find out whether Medicaid in your state covers dental care, and how to apply for Medicaid coverage, contact a local Medicaid office.

...

Ot find a medicaid office close to you, you can phone the Eldercare Locator toll-free at(###) ###-#### ***** online you can go to any search engine and type in "Medicaid" and the name of your state.

...
If you don't qualify for Medicaid, or if your state's Medicaid program doesn't cover dental care, you might contact your state or county dental association or dental society. You can find them listed in the business section of your telephone directory, or you can go to an online search engine and enter "dental association" and the name of your state or county.

...

Many times these associations have referral services, and they may be able to refer you to a program that provides low-cost dentistry to people with low incomes.

...

Hope this helps

...

let me know if you have questions...

...

lane

.