Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am a retired USMC Lt. Col. and currently pay taxes on my

Customer Question

I am a retired USMC Lt. Col. and currently pay taxes on my retirement. I will be 70 in two weeks and eligible for SS checks. Will 85% of the SS checks be taxable income to me.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

UP TO 85% of SS receipts can be taxed. However, that all depends on your "combined" income as defined by SSA law. Here is where you can learn the formula for "combined" income and determine what % of your SS income is taxable.: https://www.ssa.gov/planners/taxes.html

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional