Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I'm going to start getting my medicare in Jan. 2016. Right

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I'm going to start getting my medicare in Jan. 2016. Right now I receive my widow benefits. Will my payment for medicare come out of this check? or will I get billed. Also does this change the date of when I get my monies, ( 2nd Wed. of month ).
Thank you for your time.
***** *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi Donna, the payments should come right out of your existing SS benefits. At that time, You can go to ssa.gov/myaccount to download a benefits verification letter that will state how you get SS in X amount, and that Medicare premium of Y amount is DEDUCTED. Your SS payment date should NOT change. Your birthdate, then, falls on a date between the 1st and 10th of the month, which would provide for payment on the 2nd Wednesday.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional