dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Oct. 15, 2015 A.) I retired in 1999 and started receiving my

Customer Question

Oct. 15, 2015 A.) I retired in 1999 and started receiving my SS Check monthly, but continued working and paying SS Taxes--but I have seen no increase due to this extra SS Contributions I continue to make each month. My SS last # ***** ***** Can you please
check on this? B.) My wife worked and paid SS Taxes years, and then became a Texas teacher, and because of this she only gets a partial SS Benefits, and her full teacher retirement. If I passed away before her, will she get some part of my SS Benefits. I am
getting around $2,100 gross each month.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am not part of the SSA and this is not the SSA website. This is a Q & A service and I am happy to clarify for you under what circumstances one may see an increase in their SS benefit as they continue to work, and what WEP and GPO means for your wife's benefit. Please let me know if you wish me to do that, if not, let me know.