Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My daughter Fernandez SSI xxxxxxxxxxhad to change her bank

Customer Question

My daughter Maria Fernandez SSI xxxxxxxxxxhad to change her bank account number
recently and the SSI administrator keeps sending her monthly check to her old account
which is causing a major problem. I have sent 3 e-mails and 2 post office letters to her
social worker who informed me that she had to be the one to contact SSI and so far no
luck. Please advise. Thank you. Winnie Fernandez. (Maria's mom and payee SS# ***** Maria's old number xxxxxxxx
NEW number xxxxxxxxxxx
Bank of the West
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi Winnie, that is correct. She has to do it. Another person can not tell the SSA to change another person's banking info. That said, you can help her! Go to ssa.gov/myaccount, with her with you can help her change her banking info directly, doing so online.

If you have trouble with the online system, just take her to the local SSA office and she can have it changed in a jiff.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!