Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have Medicare part A but I have been denied Part because I

Customer Question

I have Medicare part A but I have been denied Part B because I was abroad for 7 years and fully insured for medical care by other non USA insurance. Now I am back in the States and I need part B. I can prove anything I said. Who can help me?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fed up with SSA incompetence and contradiction. I need an appointment with a lawyer in the St. Petersburg area, but I cannot find anybody expert in this area.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

It is so very frustrating, I know. You should definitely be able to sign up for Medicare during open enrollment, at the very least. It will cost you the premium, of course, and what that premium is, is a mystery because it is unknown if your abroad coverage will be deemed to be "creditable" coverage. Generally, creditable coverage is that which we get from a current US employer and exceeds Medicare coverage. But that said, that was not your question.

Try online:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/medicare/apply.html

If it boots you, you will have to go into your SSA office again (I know, I'd rather poke my eyes out). But be clear that you are signing up for Part B. You can ALSO try a medicare insurance agent, and let them do the leg work for you - you will want to do that anyway, to get a decent Supp Plan.

A lawyer at great expense to you likely can not help this - this is just a matter of getting the paper pushers to push the right paper - or computer button.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!