LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I live in mexico but have been married to an american over

Customer Question

I live in mexico but have been married to an american over 10 years. I'm a allowed half of his social security when he turns 66 years old.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you asking whether you are entitled to a spouse benefit based on your marriage to a US citizen?

2. Did you reside continuously in the US with your husband for at least 5 years of the time you have been married, or have resided out of the US?

Doug