PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

Lost 1099 from soc sec, Am getting ready to complete my

Customer Question

lost 1099 from soc sec for 2014, Am getting ready to complete my extended taxes due Oct,15th. How do I get a copy? Can that be done online?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

You can get the form online. If you need to enroll in My Social Security, the link to do so is below. It takes about 5 minutes.

The following instructions cover your options for getting the form. The online method is fastest:

"

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

• Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

If you live outside of the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, please contact your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate."

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/signin is the sign in or create an account link for your My social Security account. It did not copy over above.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.