Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
51959094

I am trying to find my deceased brother's SSN. I am hoping

Customer Question

I am trying to find my deceased brother's SSN. I am hoping you will provide his SSN to me. I am appointed as voluntary administrator of his estate by the Surrogates Court of the State of Ney York, Richmond County. His name is ***** ***** DeSoucey. Date of Birth April 11, 1943. Deceased September 23 2001. I believe Social Security was notified of his death on November 16, 2001. I need his SSN to obtain an IRS Employee Identification Number (EIN) to open a bank account in the name of the estate of Gerald DeSoucey. The total amount of funds to be administered is $20,371.45, funds which remained in the joint bank account he held with my mother, Myrtle J. DeSoucey, who pre-deceased my brother. Thank you for your assistance. Sincerely, ***** ***** Hendrick. (###) ###-#### ***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

You can request a deceased person’s Social Security number under the Freedom of Information Act, though the Social Security Administration charges a fee to do the search. You can visit this site to do the search: http://www.ssa.gov/foia/request.html#a0=1

The SSA should have his number available. I have attached a print of a webpage that shows his information in the Social Security Death Index, though Social Security numbers are not available.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions, and I would greatly appreciate positive feedback. Thanks, Jonathan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disappointed in the response. Apart from the website which provides forms that REQUIRE a SSN which is what I asked for, the information in the pdf you provided is the information I provided. I need research that will provide me with my brother's SSN. This answer does not help. Not worth 45 dollars. Linda Hendrick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking forward to your response.

The information in the pdf proves that the information is in the Social Security Death Index. I only receive a fraction of any fee you paid and there are out-of-pocket costs from the Social Security Administration for me to this information. I can get it for you, for an additional fee. I will post a service offer, if you are unhappy with the offer let me know and I will opt out and other experts can help.