LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My husband is a retired Canadian Citizen and will migrate

Customer Question

My husband is a retired Canadian Citizen and will migrate here in US.
I will be a retired American Citizen and my husband will become immigrant here in US.
If I retire will he be entitled to half of my retirement benefit? I have completed more than 40 credit units and is eligible for retirement at age 66.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I mean here is that will he be entitled to additional half of what I am receiving....Is there a government regulation as to how long he should be immigrant in order to receive this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read a lot of article that husbands or spouses can receive this benefit as long as they are also of the right age....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But will they require that he should have been here of certain years as immigrant before he can get this benefit.
Thanks ...I am waiting for your answer.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug