Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

The SSA benefit estimate have the phrase if you continue to

Customer Question

Hi. The SSA benefit estimate have the phrase if you continue to work until full retirement or age 70. What are the estimates if a person stops working but does not collect until those ages? I have reviewed an optimizer program and understand the strategies, but I believe it it may be based on incomplete assumptions. tx
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, with regard to your post:

"Hi. The SSA benefit estimate have the phrase if you continue to work until full retirement or age 70. ----- Yes, they do.

"What are the estimates if a person stops working but does not collect until those ages? ------ They don't provide those estimates, they assume one will continue working until they are older unless they become disabled. However, the SSA does have some online calculators you can use, to plug in your proposed yearly incomes for your lifetime (as shown to date, on your annual earnings statement - let me know if you need to now where to order your annual earnings statement) and leave later years at zero, and you can get your own ball park estimate that way as well.

"I have reviewed an optimizer program and understand the strategies, but I believe it it may be based on incomplete assumptions. tx -------- I am not sure what optimizer that is, but I would suggest you use the SSA calculator. Let me know if you nee a link to it, and I will research that for you! it is very helpful!

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!