LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My father passed away in a nj Nsg. Home he was medicaid

Customer Question

Doug...my father passed away in a nj Nsg. Home he was medicaid pending...had one house as asset on S.I. my mom's name on house also...Iam my father's POA...Nsg home says bil is 97,000 how much do we have to pay?? A couple of weeks after Daddy's death mom
put house in me and my brother names.. House being sold for 160,000...what amt does Nsg home get???must it be paid for all at one time????
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Thanks for asking for me.

I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question based on the facts you have provided. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug