Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Re: SSA-2-BK form, Item 15(c). I am filling out this form

Customer Question

Re: SSA-2-BK form, Item 15(c).
I am filling out this form and it appears to me that it directs me to complete 15(c) [15(a) instructs, "otherwise go to 15(c)"] even though I have been married only once over ten years to the same person. I think 15(c) should be blank in my case, in spite of what is says in 15(a). All the information has already been asked and answered in previous sections.
Second question: My FRA (66) is in November and I am already enrolled in Medicare B. How do I answer Item 22? Do I say "yes" and tell them in "Remarks" that I am already enrolled? Currently I am paying quarterly for Med B; will it come out of my Spousal Benefit, or do I continue to pay quarterly?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

HI, OK, 15(a) is for all once married persons, whether divorced or not, regardless of length, because there is no 10 year requirement for presently married folks. 15(c) is for showing ONLY those that were 10 years plus (or the other qualifying criteria). Yes, you will be duplicative here, although many people are not - and this form is to help cover all eligible people, including divorced. Just put it in.

And yes, many times questions are (or merely appear) to be duplicative.

Second question: 22 is NO. You do not want to enroll in Medicare, because you already did. This should start coming out of your SS, but I'd continue to pay until I see that occur. If it doesn't occur within a few months, I'd contact (visit) my local office.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!