Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have read many times that there are ways to increase SS

Customer Question

I have read many times that there are ways to increase SS payments. Of course most of these must happen before you retire. Are there ways to increase your payments AFTER you start drawing SS? I'm 75 and could use any additional payments. Thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

At your age, the only way to increase your benefit would be to work and earn more than you did during the highest points of your career. This is possible for some, but not all. Also, you could see if you are entitled to other benefits off records of spouses who are living or deceased. Other than that, there's not much to be done, unfortunately.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.