LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Im 62 yrs old and have two boys In gh school. Can I draw

Customer Question

Im 62 yrs old and have two young boys In high school. Can I draw Social Security also?
Sid Hodges
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Sid,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have reached the minimum social security retirement age, you are eligible to begin taking your social security retirement benefit of you want to. If you do that, each of your 2 children under the age of 19 who are still in high school will also be eligible for a child benefit equal to about 40% of the amount that you receive as your social security retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug