Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am 77, have received benefits since 65. I have worked last

Customer Question

I am 77, have received benefits since 65. I have worked for the last 5 years and pay into the ss system. for these last 5 years. Will i ever be paid any of the money i am now paying into the system. Thank you *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi R. Janssen.

No, not directly anyway - just like our other taxes to our income, they go to support the program(s). So, they do go to supporting the system that exists to send you your Ss checks (admin costs, etc.). But, in a separate aspect, if your new years of income are high enough to replace any of your prior "top" 35 years of income, your primary insurance amount will go up, accordingly (often miniscule increase) as well. This CAN be notable, particularly for those that never even had 35 years of working income, because many zero years are bring down their average lifetime income upon which our benefit figure is based. For a high income earner (lifetime), the impact may not be so great.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. Please, if you haven't yet had theopportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional