Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

If a person 61 yrs old is receiving $21,000/yr from Social

Customer Question

If a person 61 yrs old is receiving $21,000/yr from Social Security Disability and $4,000.00 per year from a Pension, how much more can they earn from "Trust Income" without jeopardizing their Social Security Disability Benefit ?
Re: The Trust Income will be received as a result of a death in the family.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Social Security Disability is not effected by unearned income - it is only effected by income derived form your current working abilities, generally. Thus, that person can feel free to inherit as much as he can, and have no concerns vis a vis Social Security Disability. Remember, SSDIB is not welfare nor 'needs based' - it is proceeds from insurance that the worker paid for via premiums paid through our SS taxes.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. Please, if you haven't yet had theopportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional