How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37079
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parent retired in the 1980's. My Dad paid maxime amount

Customer Question

my parent retired in the 1980's. My Dad paid maxime amount threw his working years. Social surity lost his records,got very little, he contact a congressman in later 1980's. I t increse but did not get what should get. He just died my afraid she will get nothing. I like to if she get all benefits my Father should got to my Mom now and higher benefit she should of got
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Thanks for asking for me.

There is little that can be done at this point as regards ***** ***** of social security records that you referred to. It sounds as if your father did all he could to prove his income and receive the increase that was awarded after he received help from his Congressman. However, as your father is now deceased, your mother is entitled to a Survivor benefit from social security.

Because a person may only collect one benefit at a time, she will be entitle to the greater benefit provided by her own retirement benefit or the survivor benefit.

A survivor benefit pays 100% of the amount that the deceased spouse was receiving at the time of their death, so that means that your mother will qualify to receive the same amount of benefit that your father was getting from social security at the time of his passing.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,