Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
51959094

How do I change my bank to receive my social security check.

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my goal here is to provide you with the most complete and accurate answer possible.

Do you have an online account set up with the Social Security Administration? You can access the site here to set up an account or get the direct deposit form: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
I checked the site just now and it is currently offline but if you wait awhile it should be back up and once you have your account you should be able to make changes such as change your direct deposit account.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions. Thanks, Jonathan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have a bank account set up, but I'm moving and will have to close that account; so I need to set up a new account without having to go to the Social Security office and waiting two to three hours for service that my husband had to endure.

Yes that is the purpose of going to this site http://www.socialsecurity.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm to log in and/or download the direct deposit form to change the account where you are having the payments deposited.