Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I would like to know if my ex-husband is getting s social

Customer Question

I would like to know if my ex-husband is getting his social security check., He had been living in the LA area of calif. I called the LA police dept to see if he was listed as a missing
person as his mother, father (since have passed away) had not heard from him since 1999.
So I took it upon myself to call the LA police dept to ask about him and they looked him up and said he could be anywhere even on the street. He is now 70, a Vietnam veteran and he must be some where that he picks up his checks. I called social security only to ask if he gets his checks then I would know he's still alive. she said yes and that's all she could tell
me. Recently I was on a search engine and when I found him, they had listed him deceased on feruary16,2015. Please tell me what to do to find out if he is deceased or not.
I have been in touch with some of his siblings and they don't know where to begin ! Your
advice is badly needed. Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did you ask SSA about his checks?