Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My wife is 74 and is getting a regular SS benefit however

Customer Question

My wife is 74 and is getting a regular SS benefit however she would still like to work and can't due to C.O.P.D.
Can she get a larger benefit because of this.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question, and I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's ailment. Unfortunately due to her age, there is no disability available to you. You can only draw retirement or disability, both are the same but disability is for younger people who are not yet eligible for retirement. So, unfortunately the answer to your question is no -- no further benefits are available. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.