dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

When I retired I was married to a retiree of the Railroad.

Customer Question

When I retired I was married to a retiree of the Railroad. Of course, I then had to go
under Railroad Social Security. My question is: Do I get any Social Security payment
other than what is paid to me by RR Social Security?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been retired for a long time. However, I need for some credit information, if I receive social security benefits in addition to railroad social security benefits (or is it called railroad pension rather than social security.)
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did you ever work outside the home during your lifetime in a position where social security taxes were withdrawn from your wages?
2. If you answered yes to the first question, how many years did you work outside the home paying social security taxes?
Doug