Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I received my social security disability on June 19,1988. I

Customer Question

I received my social security disability on June 19,1988. I was awarded $830.50, but my check was reduced to $415.80 because I was receiving Workmen's Comp. In 1993 they deducted $3,333.60 for BWC, in 1995 through February 1996 they were deducting $575.00 from my check. My BWC ended in February 1996. I called Chicago and asked the lady to tell me how much was being deducted out of my check, she told me $575.00 a month. She told me to have my lawyer send a letter that my BWC checks had stopped. My lawyer sent the letter. When I questioned them about how to get the money they were taking out each month, they told me they had never taken out over $100.00 except one time. Except for early 1992 they took out $434.00. On the print out of the last denial they don't even show that amount. Also, when I went to the Butler County Social Security office, they showed they were taken the money out of my government pension, I have never received a government pension then or how except Social Security
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: At this point, you need to contact your U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators' offices to assist you with dealing with Social Security Administration. If your payments were mistakenly reduced, you are entitled to the return of the payments. Click on the link below to locate your Congressional delegation:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/IL