Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
51959094

I received two different checks this month. Trying to find

Customer Question

I received two different checks this month. Trying to find out about second check.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my goal here is to provide you with the most complete and accurate answer as possible.

The second check could be for back payments that you were entitled to but were not paid at the time because Social Security was making a decision regarding your claim.

In addition, if you have been working you may have earned additional credits that entitled you to additional benefits, and the benefits may apply retroactively.

However, only the Social Security Administration can tell you why you received the second check. The easiest thing to do it to set up an account online to see the history of your benefit payments You can do this by visiting their website at https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do or you can call them at(###) ###-#### ***** setting up the online account is the easiest method as you will not have to be on hold for a long time.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions. Jonathan