LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

When a person is on Social Security Disability. What happens

Customer Question

When a person is on Social Security Disability. What happens if they are willed land that belongs to family?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Social security disability is not based on the wealth or accumulation of assets of the person. It is a benefit that they worked for and paid into.
There is no effect on a person's SSDI benefit if they inherit a house, or even if they inherit a million dollars cash. The SSDI benefit continues as normal.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug