dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My brother has severe rumitoid arthritis and should have

Customer Question

My brother has severe rumitoid arthritis and should have been on disability over 2 years ago but with his stupid pride he continued to work until April 24th 2015 ( Friday ). On April 27th he was put in the hospital. 3 or 4 doctors signed disability papers and said he'd never work again.
( he was a welder ) He signed up for disability but they just keep giving him the runaround. What can be done to help him out? He's way behind on bills and rent.
( sorry for the long speech )
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Have you applied for work related disability benefits? Social Security disability benefits can take quite a while for approval.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

There are also a number of state and locality based programs to provide assistance.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

The fastest way to get SSDI benefits, in my experience, is to hire a representative, such as an attorney, to represent his claim for benefits. The process is expedited at SSA, and benefits are approved faster.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
If you provide your location, I can review programs in the area. His financial situation will drive the assistance available.
PDtax