Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am fifty,my husband passed away a year ago, I have no

Customer Question

I am fifty,my husband passed away a year ago, I have no Income can't find a job .
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. If you are disabled, you will be able to draw social security benefits now, if you are not disabled then you must wait 10 years until you are 60 to get anything from social security.

I'm truly sorry. You can check for benefits like HUD and SNAP and talk with your area agency on aging to see if there are any local benefits for you.

It's a hard place to be and I wish I had better news for you

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)