LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am 70 and drawing social security. My wife is 27 with our

Customer Question

I am 70 and drawing social security. My wife is 27 with our 1 child of 1 yesr old. What are her benefits, if any??
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
While your child is entitled to a child benefit based on you receiving social security retirement, your 27 year old wife is not entitled to any benefit based on your retirement benefit.
Your 1 year old daughter is entitled to a child benefit equal to 50% of the retirement benefit that you receive.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug